Mount Regis Center offers a medically monitored inpatient drug and alcohol detoxification program. This means our physicians and nurses will carefully asses your drug and/or alcohol situation, develop an addiction detox plan especially for you and guide you through your individualized plan.
This plan is designed to help you gradually withdraw from drug and/or alcohol use. Depending on your particular circumstances, we may prescribe medication to help you move safely through this part of your treatment.
It’s important to have a basic understanding of withdrawal. Some people believe they must get clean on their own before seeking help. This is a misconception. It can be very dangerous to withdraw from drug and/or alcohol use on your own.
This is especially true for heavy users of alcohol or benzodiazepines (benzos), Ativan, Valium and Xanax. Serious medical complications can arise from abrupt withdrawal, including seizure, stroke, and in extreme cases, death. We strongly encourage you to call us so we can help you with drug and/or alcohol withdrawal.
Withdrawal from other drugs, such as cocaine, pain medications, and marijuana is usually not life threatening but may come with symptoms like nausea, muscle cramps, sweating or diarrhea. Our nursing staff can help ease some of your discomfort if necessary.
- Drug and/or alcohol detox generally takes 3-7 days.
- Always detox under medical supervision, not alone.
- Our drug and/or alcohol detox plan is designed specifically for you.
- Drug and/or alcohol detox may include therapy and counseling.
- Drug and/or alcohol detox takes place without restraints, in our open door residence.
- You can stay in touch with your family and friends during drug and/or alcohol detox.
There is always someone to take your call at Mount Regis Center – you’ll never get voice mail, always a real person who cares and can help anytime of day or night!